Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Techy Fourth Graders

We have been so busy this year implementing and creating things with our iPads!! The year started off with orientation night. I had all of my parents complete a survey on the iPads so that I could collect some great info from them before school even started.   We use Remind for HW updates and class news, we use class dojo for classroom management, and we have a classroom Twitter account. One of my class jobs this year is "Twitter Manager" and that student gets to tweet our learning for the day.

The students have had a blast creating ShowMe's during Math Small Groups that I've uploaded to the class website to help explain how to solve their current math equations.  They have also used Padlet on the iPads during RW to share their thinking and during Shared to complete their quick writes.

I have used Kahoot a couple of times to get a quick look at their understanding of some math concepts. I must say that if you haven't tried this site yet, you're missing out!! It is so much fun for the kids and super easy on us teachers!! :)

Students have been finishing up their IMovie about the moon phases and explaining how we have day and night. They also will be working on their book recommendation videos soon.

I've been so surprised at how quick they are learning to access their google drive account. It has been a plus to have chromebooks available to the students this year. We have been working on even more projects through the chromebooks!!




No comments:

Post a Comment